Become a Generalist Medical Training Supervisor
As a Supervisor you will have the rewarding opportunity to work closely with Registrars in developing their general practice knowledge and skills, enabling them to practice independently as a GP. As a Supervisor, you will give back to the profession, and experience supervision as a way of enhancing your own clinical knowledge.
GMT supports Supervisors through providing locally accessible education sessions that will enable Supervisors to consolidate and build on their educational knowledge and teaching skills.
GMT will deliver these Supervisor Education Sessions across the GMT region, facilitated in two formats:
- 1-day education workshops
- Evening sessions
To be eligible to become a Supervisor, a GP must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Fellowship (RACGP and/or ACRRM) and current membership with either college (or equivalent qualifications and experience);
- Have vocational registration with Medicare Australia and hold full, unrestricted medical registration;
- Provide excellent, professional and clinical role modelling;
- Be working in an accreditable or accredited Training Practice.
If you are interested in becoming a Supervisor, please contact your local GMT office.
The GMT team is available to support Supervisors with any queries that they may have including:
- Accreditation of the Supervisor
- Attendance at and travel to workshops and education sessions
- Education requirements and opportunities
- External Clinical Teaching (ECT) visits
- Financial queries
- Registrar Placements
- Supervisor support
For further information please contact your local GMT office.
Other useful links: